- About Us
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events & Galleries
- News & Media
- Sponsorship Opportunities for 2012
- Donate to LIVESTRONG
- Take Part in Your Own Way
- Contact Us
- Rica's LIVESTRONG Blog
- Fight Forward: Brad Warren's Blog
- Shop, Save & Do Good!
- Go Give! Mary Kay to Women Fighting Cancer©
Go Give! Mary Kay to Women Fighting Cancer! ©
Rica Mendes was gearing up to grow her team and qualify for qualification by end of 2011 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in July. Not only did this railroad her Mary Kay ambitions, but it changed her life for her and her 2 children. Finances were tight, which is why she was so eager to become a director, but this diagnosis was going to affect her full-time job, too. When she got word that she was going to lose her hair to chemotherapy, she reached out to an organization called Crickett’s Answer for Cancer, run by a mother who lost her daughter to breast cancer, which provides women fighting breast cancer across the country with free wigs and pampering baskets. Crickett’s Answer for Cancer provided Rica with a lovely wig to wear after she lost her hair.
Following in the footsteps of her cancer inspiration, Lance Armstrong, Rica feels a strong obligation of the cured to do what she can to help other cancer fighters. She now fulfills all the pampering basket requests sent into Crickett’s Answer for Cancer, providing full Mary Kay skin-care other pampering goodies specific to the special needs of chemotherapy patients at a significant discount.
Each pampering basket costs Crickett’s Answer for Cancer about $100 (though the baskets would retail for closer to $150-$175). Because the need is great, and Crickett’s Answer for Cancer won’t turn anyone in need down, Rica would like to give back even further.
She is running a Go Give! Mary Kay to Women Fighting Cancer© drive! She is asking consultants and their clients to do one of the following:
- Pledge to pay the $100 + shipping + tax (or however much you can) for the next pampering basket request that comes in (just fill out the form below). When Rica gets the next request from CAC, she will contact the first person on the list and arrange payment at that time.
- Donate $100 to Crickett’s Answer for Cancer and specify that the funds are to go towards Rica's Mary Kay Pampering Baskets.
Both of these options will allow Crickett’s Answer for Cancer fulfill all requests, and allow them to use the funds they already have towards paying for wigs, which can cost up to $300 per person!